ng_reader

Default Railing replacement - drywall dilemma

I went to my Home Cheapo today to see if they had the right spring moly-bolt
or toggle bolt for my railing today.

They used to be so helpful and friendly. Not today. I know I'm looking for a
specific piece of hardware and I was directed to two guys that work in that
*isle* of all that plastic baggies for hardware for dummies (myself
included, thank-you).

These two guys, both with vests on, we fiddling around with a miter saw and
trying to figure out how to make one of those complex inside cuts. I
approached one of them, he told me approximately where to look, but when I
explicitly asked him to SHOW ME WHERE (because when you go to work there I
think they tell you you have to do that or get fired), he explained he was
having a DEMO and would assist me afterwards.

However, the DEMO was he and his co-worker just playing around with two
pieces of crown molding trying to guestimate the cut on their Rigid compound
miter saw.

I had my really cute 4 year old daughter with me, and we just stood there
while tweedle dum and tweedle dummer ignored us before they could show us
where to look.

Eventually I asked another red vested person, and she was willing to show
me, but -EXCUUSE ME- Ms Sister had an attitude and
a)did not want to listen to what I was saying
b)did not want to suggest alternatives
BUT
c)did leave the moment I turned my back.

Can't wait for the Lowes to open up around the block. Home Depot is about 4
miles away, but Lowes, will be less than a mile. Awesome, more people
working retail, getting angrier and angrier that they make no money in
retail. NO KIDDING.

I digress....

This railing, iron wrought, came off when I repainted.

It was fastened using two (2) moly bolts, you know the kind that spring open
behind the wall after you push them through? Well of course once you attach
this way, there is no way to "RE-ATTACH" as the spring opener falls behind
the wall once you remove the hardware.

Here's what I have:

The 2 1/2" machine screw cap-nut slotted bolt. It's 5/16" thick with 18
threads per inch.

Where on earth can I find the new spring-opener clamshell that fits
5/16"x18?

If someone knows exactly what it's called, by all means, here's the place.