Grunff

Andy Dingley wrote:

There are still plenty in the Burr-Brown or Analogue Devices
catalogues. This is a common enough task and an analogue multiplier is
still an appropriate solution to it.

Given how cheap accurate and stable op-amps have been for years, it's
not that hard to build your own anyway.

But (and please correct me if I'm wrong) I still need to sample the
output of the multiplier at a reasonably high rate, then integrate the
data over the time of the run, right?

So all the multiplier means is that instead of logging V and I, we log
the power? That means I still have to get a reasonably fast data logger.
If I'm going to do that anyway, then I'd be inclined to skip the
multiplier, grab the raw numbers, and do the calculation afterwards - or
have I missed something?

--
Grunff