Lee

Grunff wrote:

However, this seems like a very round-about way of achieving my goal.
Anyone have any thoughts on other ways of doing this? I must stress that
it is the electrical energy input to the system that I'm interested in,
so measuring temperature rise of the load etc. is out of the question.

I know you can't measure the temp rise of the load, but is there any
reason why you couldn't measure the temp rise of an in series resistor
bolted to a known thermal mass?

Been a while since I did physics But shouldn't there be a definite
relationship between total real power and the temp rise, even for spikey
loads?

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.