Default Am I getting Scammed.. ROYALLY? Putting an offer on a house

Hi, I am new to this news group, so please help a noob.

After looking through many house listings in my area I finally found a
place I really want to get. The asking price of the house was set at
204.900, and I wanted to place a bid at around 188.000. The market in
my area is not HOT.. for example, the house I want to buy has been on
the market for 3 months so far, so I am taking for granted that not
many people wish to buy the place at the asking price. Considering
that the house is in nice shape, located in a nice area, and at 2000sq
is a average sized home. Theres not much listing of houses at around
200,000 and not many at 2000sq. Anyhow back to my story. My real
state agent told me that the best method to obtain the house is to bid
close to my maxium bid.. or whatever maxium i wish to place on the
house. so I bidded at 192.000. I was counter offered at 202.00, I
counter offered then at 195.000. I was then advised that the house was
already placed and advertised for a open house the following weekend.
I was told by my real state agent that my offer would be accepted at
195.000 if no other offers were accepted during the open house. I
found this kind of odd, however I bit my tounge and waited. Now the
week has gone by and I am pressing my agent to get the deal going. (
BTW, both sellers and my agent work for the same real state company ).
however I was told by my agent that he couldnt contact the sellers
agent and that he as placed a few calls and paged as well without a
return call. At this point I was pretty ****ed off, so I called the
sellers agent directly myself. Guess what... not even 2 minutes went
by before my AGENT called me back to tell me the good news..... he
finally contacted the sellers agent and that my offer would be "
looked at" during this weekend.

Since my original offer dealine expired, I had to sign another set of
paper offering the same amount of money for the same house with an
expiration date of a day. Well just before my offer expired.. guess
what? I was told that the owners of the place are looking at my offer
( however by the time my secondary offer has expired as well ) I then
told my agent.. I am sick and tired of this mind game. if they are not
going to accept my final offer to tell me so.. dont dick me around
making me wait, and wait.. and never be told a final answer!

What really ****es me off in a way is the following.

am I correct to say that if they accepted my offer VERBALLY during the
original deal, are they ethically or legally force to go through the
deal?

do I have any legal ground to raise some hell on this?

Am I right to say the whole thing sounds very suspicious? not able to
contact the owner agent for 2 days.. making my offer wait and wait..
never really be told a final answer? Simple ys or no should be
sufficient. I am not even getting a counter offer, i am simply being
told its being looked at! both offers have now expired!

I emailed my agent this morning outlining my plans.

I told him that i was getting tired of looking at houses..and that i
wanted the house i placed a bid for. however i am not increasing my
offer as it was originally accepted. I also asked him if he though i
had legal grounds to talk to the management ( real state office )
regarding this fiasco!. reason i mentioned the latter to him is to
let him know that i have become suspicious of the dealings and that I
may want to raise some of my concerns.. so if anything illegal is
going on during my transaction to stop it , and make either the deal
go through or at the very least tell me whats going on.

BTW. I am located in Briish Columbia Canada.