shinypenny

BruceR wrote:
We tried a Roomba and returned it the next day. It didn't do a
particularly good job of cleaning and the carpet looked like crop
circles had been cut into it. If you miss the psychedelic 60's you

might
like that but it looked awful to us.

Yes, it takes some getting used to. If you have trained your mind to
like nice neat patterns on the carpet, and that means "clean" to you,
then crop circles will probably drive you batty. I had the same initial
reaction until I got used to it.

I also found that I couldn't stand to watch the Roomba work. I'd want
to redirect it because it *looked* so inefficient in its patterns. Took
awhile to learn to trust that it will eventually, in its own haphazard
way, get to every area (and many that I usually skip when using a
regular vacuum - like under the bed, under the sofa, under the dining
room chairs).

I did find that turning it on before I left the house works best for
me. That way, I don't have to stand there watching it. The whole
purpose is to save time anyway. Standing over it fretting might've
saved sweat work of pushing a vacuum, but it wasn't saving any time.

jen