Andrew Chesters

Aldrich wrote:
Hi

The ceiling joists in our 1930's house are spaced at 12" (300mm). The loft
insulation rolls that I have seen in B&Q and Wickes are 1160mm wide. Should
I buy these and cut them down to 300mm, or are 300mm rolls available
elsewhere?

I am aware that one should not lay the insulation right into the eaves.
However, my loft is quite drafty (the roof felt is damaged in places). Also
the ceilings extend into the roofspace. I am not sure how to describe this,
but I guess readers will understand if I say that the walls slope at about
45 degrees to meet the ceiling. How best can I insulate this arrangement?

Thanks for reading this,

David

The stuff I used a few years ago was perforated at a variety of widths
and just ripped. I don't remember wether 12" was an option.
Marketed as 'Pink something', and even used a panther as a logo!