:::Jerry::::

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
I wouldn't say it's ********, but I would also say that to describe

it
as 'complete folly' is simplistic, again it will depend on what the
engine has been designed to use.

Exactly. The use of synthetic in absolutely every engine, as was
advocated, would be a waste of money in many cases.

I've also read that engines not designed for it

NO modern engine is not designed for it. I have never read such silly
people as on this thread. And they actually do think they know what they

Define modern, let alone the fact this is the first time you have conceded
that there are engines that don't fit the original simplistic "Use synthetic
oils" statement that you and your 'friend' made.

are on about. Oh sorry! Please do not use synthetic oils. Buy the

cheapest
you can find and run it for 40,000 miles. That better for you?

And you do know what you're talking about ? Those pigs are flying over head
again...
You obviously buy oil depending on what the marketing men say, the rest of
us buy on what the engine is designed to use and what the spec' of the oil
is.