Andrew Chesters

Lots of snippery:-

1) Get some cnut politician to outlaw square pin 13A plugs under trades
description legislation. The pins aren't square.

2) If you can get say 4 outlets onto a single plate, what makes you
think Bodgit & Sons Builders Ltd. will put _two_ new quad outlets where
previously they would have put a pair of twins? I see a further cost
saving...

3) Having written that, I concede that I don't like BS1363 plugs, have a
lot of dealing with 15A roundpin (and every so often some muppet claims
that they are "illegal"), I loath CEE form and would certainly not like
to rewire everything on a spur like Europe; and don't get me started on
IEC (kettle) connectors!

A really nicely thought out, but unfortunately unfused, connector is the
Neutric PowerCon. This is starting to be found on pro sound & lighting
equipment. 20A, small and it locks in place too!