Harry Bloomfield

on 19/02/2005, John Anderton supposed :
I've got a BT digital cordless which, in my naive way, I thought
should give a crystal clear signal. However, when using it I've found
that the sound quality, compared to a bog standard corded phone, is
much worse. The sound is a little fuzzy and difficult to hear, even
with the volume cranked up as high as it will go.

Having had several of each... I find the digital ones to be generally
better, but much depends on the quality of the audio circuits of both
types of phone. Other than this the digital ones have a much better
range with no deteriaoration even at extreme range. They either work
perfectly or not at all. The analogue ones gradually deteriorate the
further you go from the base.

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.org