Tim Worthington

Default low power degaussing coil

I've got a small 5" colour monitor that I'm using a test monitor. It
came with a small degaussing coil but no associated electronics.

This monitor will be moved around a lot and I don't want to have to
degauss it with a degauss wand every time it gets a bit magnitised. So
i'm trying to think of a way to power the coil it already has.

I'm thinking about putting a posister, the coil and a degauss button
in series with the 240v mains available inside the box. What type of
posistor to use? I imagine most would let too much current through
before getting hot enough.

Philips seem to have a large selection (availabe as tv spares) but I
can't find specs anyware online...

The coil is 140mm in diameter and has a DC resistance of 8 ohms

any ideas?