Rono

Looks like a TX826 RCA/GE 14" chassis!
Change CP08 100uf @ 35 volt capacitor.
The flyback is likely bad also, but if the cap
is very bad, that should fix it! Rono.

"Richard" wrote in message
I have a TV which the horrizontal transistor keeps damaging.
I would like to know what caused the transistor S2000A3 short on the
collector to emiter? I've replaced the transistor 3 times. Whenever after
I've replaced the transistors, the TV will work for 5 to 10 seconds then

it
stops. The last time I tried, I replace using a S2000N, the 100 ohm

resistor
at the base of the transistor burnt. Is the base voltage too high?

The following link is the schematic diagram of the TV. The transistor is
highlighted in yellow.
http://sg.geocities.com./colorprint88/tv.jpg

Please advice how to solve the problem
Thankyou