Art

What is causing the transistor to self destruct? No Drive, Excessive
current, blown LOPT, bad yoke, problems in deflection return circuits,
pin-cushion circuits, power supply regulation ETC. Make and model numbers
first then any real diagnostics you have actually done other than throw
transistors at the thing. Base resistor being overheated indicates excessive
current through the transistor before self destructing.
"Richard" wrote in message
I have a TV which the horrizontal transistor keeps damaging.
I would like to know what caused the transistor S2000A3 short on the
collector to emiter? I've replaced the transistor 3 times. Whenever after
I've replaced the transistors, the TV will work for 5 to 10 seconds then
it
stops. The last time I tried, I replace using a S2000N, the 100 ohm
resistor
at the base of the transistor burnt. Is the base voltage too high?

The following link is the schematic diagram of the TV. The transistor is
highlighted in yellow.
http://sg.geocities.com./colorprint88/tv.jpg

Please advice how to solve the problem
Thankyou