Fletis Humplebacker

"Nate Perkins"
Rick Cook
Fletis Humplebacker wrote:

At least you aren't one of those who thinks he knew before the
attacks happened or was in on it. I'm still not sure what you think
he should have done at the moment.

Clearly he did nothing for the rest of the day except make a
brief speech. It was one thing to leave Cheney in charge while
en route to AF1 from the school. But Cheney stayed in charge
of the nation's defense that day even after Bush was aboard AF1.

Clearly? According to who? Michael Moore?

That's certainly what Michael Moore would like us to believe. The
evidence is otherwise, of course, but since Bush didn't do it in
public, that can be safely ignored.

OK ... what exactly did Bush do aside from the brief speech and flight
on AF1?

Do you agree that Cheney was left in charge while Bush was on AF1?

Put in charge would be a better decription, for reasons already
discussed. Or do you have some kind of national security expertise
that we haven't seen yet?

AF1 is designed specifically to permit the US president to
manage the national defense while airborne. That Bush left the
defense of the nation to Cheney is a clear indication tha

What's your source? Or do you need one?

His source is one part ignorance and one part malice. While it's true
that AF1 has some capability to manage national defense, it doesn't
have _nearly_ the capability that Cheney's 'secure location' does.

What was Cheney's "secure location?" I haven't ever seen it reported.

I don't think you quite understand what 'secure location' means. Secret
locations are generally not publicized.