Tim \(Remove NOSPAM.

Default Generator standby wiring question (again)

Ok guys,

Our national grid system appears to be a TT one- where the earth conductor
is connected back to the neutral wire at the service fuse where it enters
the house, *and* there is an earth rod too, connected to same.

I am wanting to install a generator change over unit, which will isolate N
and L from the grid and allow the gen to feed the house. (Honda 6kva)

Question:

Do I need to earth stake the genny from its earth terminal, and / or connect
the generator plug's N and E together to bring the N line of the generator
down to zero potential to create a safe system???

Or what?!

TIA

Tim..