Nate Perkins

"Fletis Humplebacker" ! wrote in :

Odd. I searched the page with the quoted words and didn't
find those comments. However, you are still missing the point. The
Iraqi were to destroy their WMDs under UN inspector supervision.
Had they done that there have been no need to make any claims
at all. It would have been documented. Why you and some others
can't grasp that particular point is peculiar.

The quotes are there on the lines mentioned.

I think it is you that is missing the point. Not so long ago, it wasn't
standard American foreign policy to launch preemptive wars, and certainly
not without a clear and present danger.

Now, we launch them at will, and rely on a postjustification of shifting
rationales and technicalities.