Cliff

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 18:08:00 -0500, Robert Salasidis
wrote:

The iscar tools have a nose radius, but also have a short flat area
(0.047"). Therefore the classic formula for ball cutters and scallop
height would not apply.

That sounds like you may already have wiper inserts, as long
ast your feed does not exceed .047 IPT. And that would be a high
feed indeed I think. Misplaced a decimal?

My main reason for thinking a wiper would give better finish, is taht
it would eliminate the small diferences in insert size/mismatch, and
seating mismatch within the cutter body.

Use a tenth's indicator and indicate the inserts in or use
matched inserts. What's the tolerance on the inserts? Stated
and checked on your real ones?

Have them in the correct cutter body for that flat to work?
--
Cliff