Rob Sullivan

Sorry, My main post must have gotten cut off..

---------------------------
Hello,
I'm researching my alternite options for the house I'm building (or paying
the contractor to build) for the in floor radiant heat system. I am newbie
to this so please be gentil.

The house is already built to frame and it is built totally with concret
foam. The house comes with Infloor radiant heating. THe heat source they
were going to use to heat the hot water for it was going to be oil. I didn't
want oil because i was going to have to lease the furnace and then you have
the recuring oil fillups and such. I've been trying to descide what type of
heat source to use to heat the hot water. AS far as I understand I have 3
options eleectric boiler (which the contracter told me would cost 4600$),
ETS, and heat pump.

A couple of my initial questions a
1. is 4600$ (canadian) fair for a nelectric boiler system as a heat source
for the radiant heating?
2. Is the ETS system or heat pupm systems that much better as heat sources
to justify the extra money they would cost.
3. Is all the heating over kill a moot-point because its a concret foam
house (also with all lowE windows) and the insolation will be great.

Some background information: I live in Nova Scotia Canada, so it gets cold
but not toooooo cold.

Also any feed back you can give me would be appriciated I am learning and I
am a sponge.
Thanks in Advance,
Rob Sullivan