Chaos Master

19 Feb 2005 15:11:23 -0800: (---- ) ----
sci.electronics.repair @
.com :
Control Panel - Multimedia - look for 'Digital CD playing' or
something like.

Believe it or not I found it. However it was already disabled. Go
figure, of course now I do remember doing a scanreg /restore recently.
. . . . .and I used to have a lot older soundcard.

Thanks, at least now I know where the setting is, I looked all over in
system but it's obviously not there.

Anyway the reason I want to do this is for one, my machine is limited,
but I am using a primary connection to WinMX peer networks and this
uses resources. So much so that it makes MP3s skip, or more aptly put,
stick. After it's running awhile it vecomes quite a hog and even the
mouse locks up. This is about 100 ms, with about 800 ms in between when
I get frustrated enough to reboot. The thing is that the transfers are
happening and these are files I want.

Can't you use a secondary connection on WinMX?

Here (233MHz Pentium, 128MB RAM) primary connections on WinMX were a
disaster.

[]s
--
Chaos Master®, posting from Canoas, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil - 29.55° S
/ 51.11° W / GMT-2h / 15m .

"People told me I can't dress like a fairy.
I say, I'm in a rock band and I can do what the hell I want!"
-- Amy Lee

(My e-mail address isn't read. Please reply to the group!)

For spammers:
, or .
Those await for your spams!