Bruce

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:05:26 -0700, Swingman wrote
(in article ):

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 20:41:57 -0700, Swingman wrote

"Bruce" wrote in message

Basically there is no "networking standard". A lot of protocols, but

with
infiniBand, firewire, Myranet, etc. there really is no "standard", just

bunch of choices.

... you might want to inform the IETF of that fact.

They don't seem very interested in network standards.

Actually, if they there were NOT, as you say, "interested in network
standards", your above *opinions* would never have appeared here ... think
about it. ;)

Seem they are interested in "internet" standards.

Internet is a network, a network is not necessarily an internet.

I can network all sorts of devices with products from a wide range of
vendors. Are they capable of being hooked up to the internet? probably not
unless I adhere to internet standards. Are they still a network standard?
yup!

-Bruce