Ed Huntress

"Dan Murphy" wrote in message
.. .
"Ed Huntress" wrote in
:

"Dan Murphy" wrote in message
.. .
"Ed Huntress" wrote in
:

And how common is it that someone will run a stop sign and kill
someone, and not even get a traffic ticket?

Not very. You missed the point.

No, Dan, I think you did. My question was my point. The issue here is that
she ran a stop sign and killed a 17-year-old boy, and wound up with no
charges at all.

I've never heard of such a thing. That's what I was asking about.

Do you have facts on this?

Read the paper. Google "sentenced fatal car crash". Use common sense.
Leaving the scene and failing to report an accident involving a fatality
usually results in a long sentence. A fatal accident, even one involving
reckless driving usually results in a suspended sentence and probation,
unless you're drunk or racing.

I'm not questioning that. I'm questioning how likely it is that you or I,
for example, could run a stop sign, kill someone, and not even get a ticket.

The point is, it appears she got very, very special treatment. She should
have a felony record for vehicular homicide -- or she might have had such a
record as a minor, which could, feasibly, now be expunged. I don't know how
Texas law treats minors.

But she never even got that. You would and I would. But Laura Welch Bush did
not. That's the point.

--
Ed Huntress