Rich Grise

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:41:23 +0000, R.H. wrote:

"Patrick Hamlyn" wrote in message
"R.H." wrote:

276 looks like a shutter (to an old camera? film equipment? I dont

know)

It's not a shutter, but it is part of a camera.

The shutter is behind the iris. The iris is first opened to the
calculated/selected F-stop, then the shutter opens briefly.

What we're looking at here is the iris.

Correct, except on this old camera part the shutter is in front of the iris.

If this is this one:
http://pzphotosan52.blogspot.com/
then it's clearly a shutter, since they say so right on the page.

The "T" is "Time", the "B" is "Bulb", I don't know what the "I"
is (maybe instant?), then 1/4, 1/2, 1 and 2 have to be shutter
speeds. And the cylinder on the right for the remote bulb. The
little pointer on the bottom is proabably equivalent to F stop.

Oh! I see - in the original photo, all we saw was the iris, in
the back view. On my monitor, all I see for the original is black.
Also, in the back view, you can see that that lower pointer is
coupled to it. So the assembly is both the shutter and the iris.

Cheers!
Rich