Alan

"Chuck Conner" wrote in message
I have been having extremely higher than normal electric bills. We live in

retirement village. I was talking to my neighbor, and he told me I may

have
an electric leak. He also recommended a remedy to contain the electricity
leaking from outlets. He took me in his home to show me these plastic

plugs
which plug into the outlets. A couple of questions on this.

1. Do these really work?

2. From your experience, how much can one expect to save monthly on your
electric bill?

Chuck

A bigger problem is the amount of electricity left over in wires after you
unplug things- like the vacuum cleaner, for example. If you leave things
plugged in, the electricity can't leak out of the outlets, plus the
electricity that would otherwise be left over in the wires gets recycled.
Another option is to place extension cords in front of each outlet. That
way, as the electricity leaks out, it will take the path of least
resistence, and find its way into the extension cords, where it will be
ready to go next time you need to use one.