Si Ballenger

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 16:20:20 -0500, "Peter Michelson"
wrote:

---
Well, in all fairness, Bill's is better than mine in that he has a
single current limiting resistor as opposed to my three. Since only
one LED will be lit at any given time, there's only a need for one and
it can be connected from the common cathodes of the LEDs to ground.

He's suggested using a 555 to debounce the switch, but my simple RC
may work just as well. Depends on the switch's bounce
characteristics.

--
John Fields

For me, there is educational value in seeing multiple approaches to the same
problem, particularly when someone explains the difference between the
various approaches, as you just did. So thank you.

Would you (or any other reader without commercial bias) please recommend an
inexpensive and reliable vendor for electronics parts for projects such as
this one? If such recommendations are not allowed on the newsgroup, please
feel free to email them to me.

The below LED chaser kit for $6.50 would give you most of what
you want. A momentary push button, a 10k resistor and a 1uf
capacitor in parallel to ground for debounce should be sufficient
for manual operation instead of from the 555 timer.

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bi...AEC&type=store
http://www.allelectronics.com/spec/AEC.pdf