John

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

"John" wrote in message

This is England and our traditional weapon is the longbow. Everyone
should practice for four hours a day and have overdeveloped right arm
muscles g

Hurrah!

... er ... have you ever hit a rat with an arrow from a longbow? I've
never managed a rabbit ...

I've never tried to be honest. Mind you I could hit static targets using a
bow with fair accuracy in my youth. I do have a faily good rat score with a
four-ten shotgun and have also laid a fair few to rest with a .22 air rifle
with scope but the scope makes sighting a moving target somewhat chancy when
you consider the rats erratic/nervous movements.
The best thing about using a bow is the easy availability of materials to
create the weapon and the ammunition without much chance of officialdom
being able to monitor or prevent you. A half decent home workshop can also
produce a very effective crossbow which has more accuracy in use than a
longbow