Grimly Curmudgeon

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
drugs began to take hold. I remember "top gear"
saying something like:

Full synthetic oil is not snake oil. Its benefits over run of the mill
mineral oils is beyond question, and I have no intention of going down the
synthetic vs mineral argument. My automotive engineering friends, not
mechanics, say that Slick 50 in the gear box will prevent wear. I believe
them. :-) Slick 50 g/box treatment is not a one off treatment like the
engine version. It has to be in at all times.

Nobody in this thread has claimed that synthetic oil is snake oil...
Slick 50, otoh, fulfils most of the requirements for that.
--

Dave