Lurch

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 17:43:11 +0000, Peter Parry
strung together this:

You will find a condition installed in your policy removing cover if
the alarm is not set and it is up to you to prove it was set and it
went off if there is a break in. For the trivial discount it is
better to tell them you have an alarm but do not use it and do not
wish it to be considered.

I think that's what I said further down.

Generally, your house insurance discount is roughly equal to a yearly
service visit

You can get a service visit for GBP15 to GBP20?

Well, generally roundabout £50ish discount and generally roundabout
£50ish service charge, give or take £20 or so ish. I was generalising
a bit. ;-)
--

SJW