The Natural Philosopher

nightjar nightjar@ wrote:

"Huge" wrote in message

"nightjar" writes:

"Vortex" wrote in message

[14 lines snipped]

ASASSINATION
Maybe an excuse to get an Air Rifle or pistol. I really don't have the
patience to stalk the Prey though...but the Dirty Harry fantasy
"Probably
the most powerful airgun in thge world" does have some appeal.

A silenced .22 rifle would be more effective as it has a longer range.
Whether you can get the firearms licence for it will depend on where you
live and the attitude of the local firearms officer. Ours is a keen
shooter
and is very sympathetic to anyone with a genuine need.

Or a 410 shotgun. The ammo boxes even have pretty little pictures of rats
on them...

I wondered about that, but I only have 12 gauge, which is probably a bit in
the overkill range.

Yes, but it saves the suffereing.

If you use smallest gauge shot, and a wide choke you can sometimes get
two at once.

Colin Bignell