Barney

It may be that the frequency of the carrier signal comung out of the VCR is
a close to one of your TV channel frequencies -- and there is some crosstalk
going on. You need to detune your VCR slightly -- there is normally a screw
adjustment at the back of the VCR to enable you to do this. After you have
done this you will have to adjust the channel on the TV that you use for VCR
playback accordingly.

"JAT" wrote in message
Hi folks,
I'm having a problem with my video recorder. Whenever I switch to
any channel on my TV the picture is perfect. However when I switch to
channel 0 which I use for video playback there is interference on the

screen
in the form of what I can only describe as a herringbone pattern. I've

went
back to basics and set everything up again from scratch but it has made no
difference. What I can't understand is this, the lead from the outside
aerial goes into the video recorder, and the TV then receives it's feed

from
the video recorder via another lead. This means surely that there is

nothing
wrong with my aerial, otherwise I wouldn't be getting a perfect picture on
my TV. Since we can therefore assume that the aerial is OK and is

delivering
a good signal to the video, does the problem lie within the video? If that
is the case how can the signal pass through the video and provide a

perfect
picture on the TV when viewing the channels direct rather than through
channel 0 the playback channel? I've tried tuning another empty channel to
act as the playback channel but the effect is the same. Any ideas what I

can
try here? Any help appreciated.

Alex