Dan White wrote:
"Nate Perkins" wrote in message
25.201...

Bush is the only guy I've ever seen that can do endlessly stupid

things
and still be considered a heroic man of virtue to his followers.

Maybe you should consider taking the blinders off and try to change

your
paradigm for just a minute. Did you consider that maybe the majority

of the
population that reelected him knows something that you clueless to?

I think the accuracy of polling is overstated.

That said, polls have indicated that a majority of people who
cliam to support Bush also take positions on major issues
that the opposite of the position Bush espouses, AND also
thought that Bush's position was the same as theirs.

IOW, they didn't vote for Bush because of what they knew about
him, they voted for Bush because of what they didn't know
about him.

E.g. the triumph of image over substance is the key to
winning an election. Other recent examples include Ronald
Reagan and Bill Clinton.

No surprise, that certainly does not distinguish Bush from
any other successful politician.

--

FF