Fletis Humplebacker wrote:

At least you aren't one of those who thinks he knew before the
attacks happened or was in on it. I'm still not sure what you

think
he should have done at the moment.

Clearly he did nothing for the rest of the day except make a
brief speech. It was one thing to leave Cheney in charge while
en route to AF1 from the school. But Cheney stayed in charge
of the nation's defense that day even after Bush was aboard AF1.

Clearly? According to who? Michael Moore?

According to all the documentaries about the attacks. For
example, it was Cheney who gave the order to shoot down
Flight 93, after receiving authorization from Bush to make
the decision.

AF1 is designed specifically to permit the US president to
manage the national defense while airborne. That Bush left the
defense of the nation to Cheney is a clear indication that

What's your source? Or do you need one?

Documentaries on AF1.

Bush knew he was the less competent of the two.
I'm glad that when the chips were down he stepped aside and
let the more competent person take over. I'm not happy to
have a President who is not competent to be Comander-in-Chief.

I see things differently. The fact that there's not been a repeat
occurance is evidence of competency.

Check your calendar. In March 1993, two months after Clinton
took office AL Queda attacked the WTC. There were no significant
domestic attacks by foreign paramilitary groups during the remainder
of Clinton's two terms of office. The perpetrator's of the 1993
attack were tried, convicted, sentenced and in prison befor Clinton
was re-elected in 1996.

Al Queda turned to attacking AMerican interests on foreign soil,
most particularly in Saudi Arabia and the embassy bombings in East
Africa. The perpetartors of the East African bombings were
aprehended, tried, convicted, sentenced and imprisoned.

It was eight (8) years after the 1993 attack before Al Queda struck
again in the US, this time eight months after Bush took office.

IOW, Al Queda struck very early during the Clinton Administration,
befor Clinton had time ot get his national security policies in
place, and struck again during the bush administration just after
Bush had HIS national security policies in place. That may
just be coincidence but it sure as hell isn't evidence of
competency.

If Al Queda sticks to their history, the next domestic attack
will be in 2009. Meanwhile, they'll attack us aborad.

Bush has yet to bring any perpetrator of the 2001 attacks
to trial. Although he was able to take effective military
action in Afghanistan as the Republicans have dropped their
previous objections to the use of military force against Al
Queda assets abroad. As you will recal the Republicans
called his use of force in the Sudan and Afghanistan
'wag the dog' and George Will called Clinton a murderer.

--

FF