Slowhand

"BillyBob" wrote in message
k.net...
Mine finally arrived after a three week backorder. This is a brand new
model from Bosch. I have minimal experience with a jigsaw, even though
I've
owned a craftsman jigsaw for two decades. It just never did seem to be
that
useful. This Bosch is a different story. Its like a refined and more
powerful version of the original Bosch barrel body saw.

Two interesting features stand out.

First is the blade change system. I have not actually used a Milwaukee
saw
to see what a good blade change system looks like but I don't see how any
saw could possibly be easier or faster than the new Bosch, unless you
measure blade change times in milliseconds. Just push the blade in until
it
clicks. To remove it, grab a lever and move it about a 1/2". The blade
jumps
out. That's it.

This in my opinion is the biggest advance bosch did with their jig saw. The
former model blade ejection system was difficult and was a pain in the butt.
All in all, I also give the new bosch 2 thumbs up.
SH