Ba r r y

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 10:52:53 -0500, "Bill Otten"
wrote:

Yep Barry, the parts were missing. On two of your machines from Delta. Now
your comment about "notching up the QC" starts to apply to Delta too doesn't
it?

Yes! I thought I stated that.

What really cheeses me off is that manufacturers of $300 radio control
car kits can get it right down to a 3mm allen head screw by weighing
each parts bag, then weighing the completely packed box on an assembly
line.

Delta ships a box missing a 25 lb. part!

I'm sure even Delta has its share of broken on arrivals, and likewise
that Grizzly has its own share of missing parts too.

Me too. I just stated that when someone here posts that things are
really f'd up, it seems to be more often be Grizz than anybody else.

Much like this
newsgroup has people who use Delta tools, and Grizzly tools. I've got both
in my shop.....oh, and also Jet, Craftsman, Bosch, etc.

Same here. See a pattern?

My take away message
here is that defects, missing parts, broken parts will happen in ALL
companies. Making statements like 'it's often Grizzly' sounds either
preconceived, biased, or both.

You forgot "seems to me". G Just an observation, Bill.

Barry