Maurice

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 19:32:28 +0000, Maurice
wrote:

Having thought about it a bit more, when I hit something
solid it was then difficult to start and ran lumpy - what it
turned out to be was the key had partially sheared on
the fly wheel. The fly wheel being heavier than the other
bits has so much momentum that it shears the keys and upsets
the timing.

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:11:01 -0500, "Andrew Neilson"
wrote:

Then before putting it back check the key way on the shaft
it could be partially sheared (as below). I have had that,
it upsets the timing and makes it run very rough and
difficult to start. If this does not cure it then the crank

--
Maurice
remove DOT for email