Blair Malcolm

"Andy" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

"Andy" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:20:37 +0000, Blair Malcolm wrote:

I am thinking of buying a steam cleaner and have looked at the Murphy
Richards which looks well designed. My concern is that there is no
control
on the steam
It's on all the time when using.
Is this a common feature of these devices?

I picked up one from Lidl this week :-

But does it have an on/off control?

Mary

http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/index.nsf/p....Steam_Cleaner

I haven't used it in anger yet but it has a steam-on lever on the hand

held
bit and
a heating on/off switch on the main unit body. So it looks like the steam
can be
turned off from the handheld part....

On your advice I went to Lidl and bought one this morning. .Have just
carried out a first trial and was very pleased with the result.
The only query is with the Steam Intensity Regulator (item 12 on the
diagram) which is not correctly shown. There is a setting from 0 to 5.
As there is no guidance on its use I wondered if you would let me know what
you think of it when you get started. It could be a pressure regulator?
Blair