Bill Otten

Yep Barry, the parts were missing. On two of your machines from Delta. Now
your comment about "notching up the QC" starts to apply to Delta too doesn't
it? I'm sure even Delta has its share of broken on arrivals, and likewise
that Grizzly has its own share of missing parts too. Much like this
newsgroup has people who use Delta tools, and Grizzly tools. I've got both
in my shop.....oh, and also Jet, Craftsman, Bosch, etc. My take away message
here is that defects, missing parts, broken parts will happen in ALL
companies. Making statements like 'it's often Grizzly' sounds either
preconceived, biased, or both. But that happens often on this newsgroup. I'd
get used to Chinese imports too...today's China is yesterday's Japan and
Japan is now currently firmly in the world economy as an industrial power.
China will be too. I'm old enough to remember when "made in Japan" was
similar to the rhetoric I hear spewed on this newsgroup far too often. My
tool purchases are recommendations from reputable bunches like Fine
Woodworking, American Woodworker, and the like. They're past the tool snob
stage, and I buy according to careful reviews, and tests, not parroted
perception. Keep the change from my .02 okay?

bill otten

"Ba r r y" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:09:31 -0500, "Bill Otten"
wrote:

"B a r r y" wrote

However, it often seems that if a manufacturer is mentioned here with a
defect that requires either a complete re-ship or the shipment of a
seriously major part, it's often Grizzly.

Or, seen from the flip side.....it's often Grizzly that will send out a
complete re-ship to ensure a customer's complete satisfaction. That's
called
standing behind your product. And your admission below that Delta ships
out
just the replacement parts might, just might be that they're taking the
easy
way out?

They were MISSING, not broken. Big difference.

Barry