Dave in Fairfax

Tim Zimmerman wrote:
My small collection of MDF boards and hardwood don't have
storage because our shed is 80-percent full. Today, a bad storm
passes thru our neighborhood and destroys many of my MDF
boards, which were temporarily covered with a silver tarp.

The woods were relocated far away from the protection of
the house when a couple of black widows were found on the
boards. I have a large roll of thin, clear plastic wrap that I will
use to wrap the ones I salvage. What is common way to protect
our wood stocks from rain?

Don't store fake wood outdoors. Black Widows don't eat much wood,
what's the problem? If you're worried about them, bug bomb the
place a couple of times, a week apart, before you start unpiling
the wood. Outside is outside, that's where the critters live.
Frankly, I'd be more worried about Mojaves and western
Diamondbacks out where you are. I've killed a ton of spiders,
and got one dry rattler bite. I like snakes not spiders but the
snakebite scared me more.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader