SteveB

"Frank J Warner" wrote in message
news:180220051957594684%warnerf@veriSPAMMERSDIEzon .net...
In article KY3Rd.102260$mt.83243@fed1read03, SteveB
wrote:

I hope you are comfy in your closet. You could always move to
Kalifornicate
and run around waving your arms in the air like all the other loonies.

I was born and raised and still live in California and I can assure you
that most of us don't do that.

I was not speaking of the people who live in California, but that state of
mind where the bizarre is the norm, Kalifornicate. Where, just when you
think you've seen and heard EVERYTHING, one of the citizens comes up with
something really really out there.

I don't know about global warming. I'm inclined to believe the
scientists who study the subject, and most of them are concerned about
something to some degree great or small depending on who you listen to.
Just like most of you are very good at what you do, so are they, and
for that reason alone we should probably be listening, at least a
little.

SOME of them are very good at what they do. I wouldn't trust SOME of them
to flip my Big Mac. Being overeducated and tenured does not make a person
right. It just gives them a bigger soapbox to spout from. Government
"scientists" rarely give this bit of information: the US government is one
of the biggest users of HFCs in the world, yet have zero accountability.
The old Golden Rule comes in: he who has the gold makes the rules.

But even if global warming doesn't end civilization as we know it, lots
of other things can, and nearly all of them are man-made. From civil
wars to nuclear wars to degradation of the environment to depletion of
natural resources to a takeover of the infrastructure by idealistic
morons and religious freaks, the list is endless. And we shouldn't
forget that something very similar has happened before. To Greece. To
Rome. To the high Chinese and Egyptian Dynasties. To Moorish Arabia. To
indigenous ancient Western civilizations like the Aztec and Inca.

And we shouldn't forget that the end of the world has been prophesied, and
that there is something/someone that will save us all.

If you (that's a collective 'you,' not you personally) think American
civilization is invincible and will last forever, you make the same
mistake the pashas and the emperors and the priests and the khans made,
just before their civilizations went down the toilet. It can (and
almost certainly will) happen to us, too. It's just a matter of time
and the right circumstances.

So, get on with your life. (that's a collective 'you,' not you personally)

So, no, don't hide in the closet. But be ready. Listen when others (who
know their jobs) tell you something. Protect what you have and realize
how easy it might be to lose it all.

If one is that paranoid, join all the others in the closet who are living
their lives in misery, afraid of what MIGHT happen, or what is going to
happen. As for others who "know their jobs", aren't these people human, and
subject to error? Many are biased, or politically or monetarily motivated.
Some are just plain neurotic or paranoid. BUT, they have a degree, and just
live better than the homeless by using all the products and conveniences
they rail against.

-Frank

I am going to continue my consumer based lifestyle. I will just turn down
my AC a few degrees.

Steve