Harold and Susan Vordos

"Clark Magnuson" wrote in message
Many years ago, the final drive for the M55, a 50 ton 500 horse power
tracked vehicle, was redesigned and still failed.
The cross drive transmission has splines that drive the pinions that
drive bull gears that are on the same shaft as the sprockets that drive
the tracks.
An old man wants to know if there are now pre twisted spur gear pinions
so, when highly loaded, a gear will be twisted straight.
TIA

OK- I think this time it may make more sense-----I should read what I post
before doing so!

Chuckle!

You're kidding, right?

Once heat treated metal, as gears should be, has reached its yield
point, it's not exactly reliable. I may be mistaken, but I think that's
called broken teeth. Lets see what gear experts have to say.

Harold