shaun

Vortex wrote:
Hi,

We've kept chickens for some years and this Winter some rats have
"moved in" under the shed, and have created a network of tunnels - no
doubt attracted by free food. The food source is now removed, and
despite 2 traps and a large amount of poison (blue pellets) we still
have rats. They seem pretty smart. They're obviously hungry because
we see them by day nicking bread left for the birds.

Don't leave bread out for the birds (and ask neighbours not to) until you've
got rid of them.

TRAPS
Can anybody recommend a bait that is absolutely irrestible to rats?

http://www.sorex.com/proddetail.asp?...categoryi d=1

POISON
Our rats seem wise to "commercial" poison so I'm inclined towards the
Ukranian approach....lacing some chicken food with some kind of lethal
toxin. What? Where can I legally buy it?

Your neighbours might not be best pleased when their cat dies :-(

ASASSINATION

It's an option.

VAPOURISATION WITH JAMES BOND LASER (son's suggestion)

Meanwhile, back in the real world..... ;-)