Geoff Rousell

Default FLAT ROOF - modern recovering methods?

(N. Thornton) wrote in
om:

"Richard Sterry" wrote in message
Thanks for your replies to this thread - all read with great
interest. I have also spoken to a few people 'in the known' in person
or by phone.

The solution which apppeals to me most at the moment is a rubber
membrane covering, with hard foam (eg Kingspan) insulation underneath
to make it either a 'hot roof', or on top to make it an 'upside down'
roof. However, when I receive the quotes and see all the noughts on
the end, I may not be quite so enthusiastic!

I would be interested in hearing the views of anyone with experience
of EPDM rubber membrane roof coverings, such as Hertalan and
Prelasti.

Thanks and bye from Rick in Wakefield

Butyl rubber pool liners, those I've experienced, very long lived.
Dont know about anything else personally.

Regards, NT

We've got a couple of sections of flat roof that we've had re-surfaced
using EPDM. Can't comment (yet) about the longevity (three years only),
but they are still looking as they were when they were fitted, and as far
as I recall they cost 30-40% more than the felt/tar/stones alternative.
Recommended local company fitted them and did a pretty good job, edges
and joins with downpipes etc look neat since the material is a lot more
malleable than the layers of felt.

Geoff
High Wycombe