Charlie Self

Tim Zimmerman Feb 19, 1:18 am show options

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: "Tim Zimmerman" - Find messages by this
author
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:18:31 GMT

"TaskMule" wrote in message news:H6idnSBa-
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
Use the other 20% of the shed.

Hard to believe some of the questions here

I can't agree more. Due to spiders, wife freaks if she finds wood in
the shed or the shed is 81-percent full. Also, the wood rack in
question must look practical and holdup to a downpour. "

Look practical? I use 90% of a shed to hold my drying wood, though the
fragile stuff (MDF, particleboard, hardwood plywood, fully dried
hardwood--mostly) is in the shop. My wife uses the other 10%. Sometimes
we get mice in the stacks. Sometimes we get blacksnakes chasing the
mice. Other times, there are spiders all over the place. My wife hates
snakes--fears is more accurate--so stays out of the shed if there's a
snake or six around. Otherwise, there's not much problem.

Spiders don't hurt anything and they tend to keep the insect population
closer to reasonable. Squash the ones you think are aggressive.

For a practical looking shed, I suggest getting one of the 20' x 20'
metal car ports. You can get 2' added to each leg for about $200 more,
and it's easy to screw on metal or wood siding to keep blowing winds
out. You need to be inventive at the ends, but those can be readily
enclosed, too.