Hi Tim

Great rub it in why dont you!

My house was built on Queen Victorias diamond jubilee which too is in
1897, it is 2 cottages converted into 1, 5 bedrooms but this
realisticly shouldn't be a problem I thought and it sounds like the
construction is the same as yours.

So, based on what your saying do you think I could possibly have a duff
ADSL modem/router? I already mentioned I was going to get a new 802.11g
PCMCIA card which will hopefully rule that out and as Stefek suggested
will experiment with placement of AP by getting an RJ11 extension. I
may just take the lot back and get it xchanged, you know what PC World
are like for re-flogging faulty returns.

I downloaded Netstumbler and it detected my AP OK and nothing else so I
guess thats another possible out of the equation.

Cheers

Richard