Bob Eager

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 22:10:16 UTC, "Owain"
wrote:

"Jeff Sheard" wrote
| This is a bit of an electrical design question. I'm rewiring
| my house, and want to provide a decent amount of sockets
| for appliances in the living room, for now and for the
| foreseeable future. This room is about 12 metres square,
| i.e. not that big. It's also roughly square in shape. ...
| 2x lamps

You might want to put 5A round-pin sockets in for the lamps, wired to the
wall switches on the lighting circuit. Means you don't have to walk round
the room in the dark switching the table lamps on/off.

Just bought a halogen reading lamp. Guess what - it has a wall wart!
Glad I didn't put in 5A sockets...

Our living room has 11 double socket outlets, and is on its own ring...

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!