Mike

On 18 Feb 2005 18:03:32 -0800, "Doug" wrote:

in a WW project. But in general, all things being equal, which machine
would you reach for when making a miter cut, or any similar angled
crosscut that needs to be as precise as you can make it. Is there
reason to believe, for example, that a table saw, properly set up,
would give superior results? Would the miter saw. Does it depend
entirely on the settup of the machine? or is it simply user preference?

I've been cutting window and door trim for longer than I like to
remember and prefer to use the table saw. I was taught that way and
haven't found a better way in all these years.
I have used a mitre saw on small jobs where there was only a door or
two and where the table saw was not needed. You can make the joints
look good with a mitre saw but it does not seem as easy to me.
Of course I've seen guys trim all the doors and windows with a mitre
saw so maybe it's whatever you're comfortable with.

Mike O.