Jim Yanik

"Tim Zimmerman" wrote in
:

"toller" wrote in message
...snip

Must be a darn nice chopping block to be worth that much trouble. And
what does breaking in half in a heavy storm mean?

We just left it on a deck of a boat, like most fisherman do. A nasty
weather crumbles it under its own weight. Saw one for $90, I wonder if
this one will last. I will coat it with white mineral oil or EV olive
oil.

I can't imagine why you left it in the rain, but chopping blocks
should use waterproof glue. If it split, it is defective.

Aren't chopping blocks water-proof? Aren't they meant for UV-lights,
salts, vibrations or normal fisherman abuses? And you say it isn't
suppose break, even left out on a boat?

Chopping blocks(butcher blocks) were never meant to be left outdoors in the
weather.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik