GerryG

I completely agree. Part of this is adjusting and testing your tools
before you need to use them. I can get as accurate a miter on my RAS as
with the Incra on the TS. Recently had to do a 6 foot long angle cut.
Took it rough with a sabre saw, then finished on the jointer.
GerryG

max wrote:
Any method will work in the hands of some one skilled and who cares enough
to get it right. I reach for the easiest tool first. So if it were under 10
or so inches wide I would use the miter saw. Larger pieces would require a
tablesaw.
max

There is almost always more than one way to perform any given operation
in a WW project. But in general, all things being equal, which machine
would you reach for when making a miter cut, or any similar angled
crosscut that needs to be as precise as you can make it. Is there
reason to believe, for example, that a table saw, properly set up,
would give superior results? Would the miter saw. Does it depend
entirely on the settup of the machine? or is it simply user preference?