On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 00:37:33 GMT, "toller" wrote:

"Art Greenberg" wrote in message
.net...
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:12:44 -0700, s wrote:
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 21:55:08 GMT, "toller" wrote:

I bought, over the Internet, a new 12" Freud blade to replace my Dewalt.
Dewalt ought to be ashamed of themselves; the blade didn't cut properly
when
it was brand new, but that is off topic for today.

The Freud blade says it is for sliding miter saws. I have a non-slider
(stationary?). Does it make a difference? I can't see why a slider
would
require a special blade, but what do I know.

your saw will explode.

I would assume the difference is thet the "slide" blade has a less
agressive hook, to make it less grabby.

Exactly, according to literature from blade makers.

I installed it and it cuts just fine. Sure is better than that Dewalt POS.
Purely out of curiosity, since the blade is fine, what would a more
aggresive hook do? Cut faster, smoother, or what?

clear chips a bit better. it will also tend to cut faster, thus dig in
a bit more and want to self feed. on a slide saw, that's a bad thing.