Norman D. Crow

"B a r r y" wrote in message
. com...
Tim Douglass wrote:
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 16:02:06 GMT, B a r r y
wrote:

joeD wrote:

I spoke to Grizzly tech support again this morning and they are sending

me a
new saw. For anyone worried about Grizzly support let me tell you this
incident takes any doubt from my mind. They are going to assemble the
replacement and check it to make sure everything is proper.

Shouldn't that have been done on the original example?

Only if you want to pay twice as much for the saw. Maybe one in
several hundred will have a problem you will catch this way. The cost
of checking them all is too high - they have to be assembled, checked
on all points, disassembled, packed and shipped.

The G0555 is shipped with the basic saw already assembled! All you have to
do is assemble the base and mount the saw on it, then install the table.
Installing the riser, you have to remove the top part of the saw, install
the riser and the new blade guide. Mine was good out of the box, then I
installed the riser & checked, it was still good, cuts really nice.

I'm assuming that Griz is going to assemble the riser kit to make sure
everything is good.

--
Nahmie
Those on the cutting edge bleed a lot.