Frank J Warner

In article , Duane Bozarth
wrote:

TrailRat wrote:

How does one go about inlaying metal into wood. I'm talking about
metals like alu, brass, gold and silver. I was thinking it would be as
easy as simply melting the metal over a bunsen burner in a crucible and
pouring it in carved channels on the wood. Would this work? What would
the effect be on the wood itself? ...

Melting point for gold is ~1950 F. Wonder what that would do for
wood?

Trust me on this. You don't want to try it. Not with any alloy of gold
anyway.

Gold is difficult enough to melt and pour when you have the right
equipment. I've played around with a few investment castings and
discovered it's easier to pay somebody else to do it.

-Frank

--
fwarner1-at-franksknives-dot-com
Here's some of my work: