Andrew V

I'm looking at a boiler like this www.efmheating.com/d520.html there is a
company over in NY that has rebuilt units. I'll be going to see one next
week just to get a feel for it. I won't need to heat the shop till next
winter but I want to have the plan set so I'm not scratching my head at the
last minute.

Andrew

"Waynemak" wrote in message
I am down in CT. I burn about 2-1/2 to 3 tons for the season. I have a guy
that charges $150 per ton. We have electric heat that I have never used in
the house. I burn coal most of the time its less work than wood and no
concerns of a chimney fire. I need to shake my coal once every 12 hours is
fine. I feed in the morning and at night. Makes some dust but it beats the
electric rates. I have been loking into converting to oil but oil prices
have been high the last 2 years so I am not jumping on that yet.
"Andrew V" wrote in message

"Waynemak" wrote in message
Going to burn coal, where are you located?? I have had many Klinkers
this year, it has been a real pain cleaning out the stove once a week. I
have been getting the real hard ones that block the grates.

Wayne,

I'm in Southern Vermont, a place called Sandgate. I want to buy
Blacksmithing coal in bulk for resale and saw pricing and info on coal
boilers during a gooooogle. I realize you need anthracite for heating but
that's no problem. You can get auto-stoker boilers that only need
feeding every 2-3 days, and they have enough capacity to offset the heat
load in the house as well. Anything I can do to reduce our oil usage is a
good thing. (1800 gal last yr) I looked @ wood boilers but I'm not
interested in feeding it every day or doing the chopping ect., there's no
economy in it if you by the wood. I am also looking at solar panels for
the shop but that wont help with the house.

Andrew